The Industrial Engineer is responsible for supporting productivity improvement activity at the existing facilities. This will include areas of operation in auditing facility process’ and procedures, material flow and layouts, developing and implementing work procedures, method analysis and maintaining the validity of job standards. Secondary duties and responsibilities include coordination of activities related to ISO 9001:2008 standard. This position will also support time studies, layout evaluations, dock capacity analysis for existing operations as well as future proposal opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Industrial Engineer performs the following tasks:
- Time Studies to support headcount requirements for existing and future programs.
- Responsible for special projects to include dock capacity evaluations, material flow analysis, root cause analysis for inventory control issues ….etc.
- Evaluation of space utilization compared to the original contract agreements.
- Evaluation and analysis of contract requirements compared to the actual (including headcount, equipment, handling and space requirements.
- Training of facility personnel (Inventory Control and Cycle Counters) for inventory control and material handling requirements.
- Perform Time Studies in order to support piece price billing alternatives.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 Standard in order to support the facility with maintaining or obtaining compliance.
- Lead and Support Problem Solving Teams within the facilities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Industry Standards and new technology for continuous improvement of our work environment.
- Develop and in depth understanding on our Warehouse Management System capabilities.
- Validate safe working practices at each facility on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in Request for Proposal response activities to include the following:
- Pricing development
- Assist with understanding scope and customer expectations
- Operations design
- Project management
- Developing transition timelines
- Participate in customer presentations
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong working knowledge of Warehouse Management System functionality
- Good computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience required
- Automotive experience preferred
- Experience with lean or other continuous improvement tools preferred
Ph: 8642950081 ext. 209