Senior Software Engineer for software process and configuration management for aerospace life support and air-to-air refueling equipment. As a key part of a growing organization in both commercial and defense aerospace markets, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to support design and manufacture of industry-leading, mission-critical products and test equipment. The position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Assess and improve software development and configuration management processes.
- Manage and control software elements and configurations over the product lifecycle, including product development.
- Administer and improve process for Software Problem Reports.
- Prepare for and support Stages of Involvement (SOI) audits to show compliance to processes.
- Ensure configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations and system updates.
- Develop complex configuration analysis plans to encompass contractual requirements.
- Develop and maintain software configuration management database.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers to determine a process for change reporting.
- Prepare written or electronic records of part design change documents.
- Prepare or provide input to engineering analyses, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, and briefings.
- Authorize the release of software changes specified by Program Management and other functional groups.
- Provide advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- Support Software (SW) Verification & Validation (V&V) execution.
- Leads or assists in root cause problem solving activities using standard methods, processes, and techniques.
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5 or more years of experience with aerospace product development.
- Experience managing multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
- Experience with Military and DO software standards, such as DO-178 and MIL-STD-498.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective interface with engineers, management, suppliers, customers, and generation of documentation.
- Demonstrated experience with FAA Conformity and Certification (14 CFR Part 25).
- Demonstrated experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
Demonstrated experience with DOORS requirements management software a plus.
Ph: 630 787 5353