San Jose, CA
Sr Software Engineer – Analytics Engineering/Stack Automation
Role and Responsibilities:
• Design and develop various automation software components for our global scale analytics infrastructure.
• Validate technology and perform production roll out of features.
• Analyze data and diagnose issues analytics platform components.
• Working with stakeholders develop run-books for platform operations.
• Strong software automation experience in at least two of the following areas: Windows distributed systems automation and Powershell, multi-region deployment and configuration management (Linux or Windows), Kafka based global scale data pipeline management.
• Domain expertise in at least two of the following areas: Qlik Sense, data management with MPP or distributed SQL engines, Cassandra or HBase, large-scale data visualization tools.
• At least 2+ years of strong scripting experience (Python or equivalent) is required
• 2-5 years of systems software development (Java, Scala, or Go/C++ or equivalent) is desired.
• Experience with Ansible, Puppet or equivalent configuration management required.
• Experience with automated deployment and management software stacks is required.
• Experience with systems monitoring tools and ELK based ad-hoc analysis is a plus.
• BS/CS or equivalent with 5-8 years of professional experience required.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Agile software development, deployment, and life cycle management.