Mechanical Engineer II
Location: Joliet, IL
Performs research, analysis, design and development under the discipline of mechanical engineering. Applies research to planning, design and development of mechanical components, products, and systems. Conducts feasibility studies and tests new or modified designs. Completes routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, processes and procedures typically utilized in product development.
- Design and develop product concepts and evaluate final models for functionality and conformance to product specifications.
- Improve existing designs to enhance product performance, cost, and quality.
- Write mechanical requirements and design specifications.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing groups as needed.
- Estimate development effort and meet schedule commitments.
- Initiate and review test plans and results as required.
- Participate on a project team of departmental and/or cross-functional members involved in the development of mechanical, optical, and electronic products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of work experience involving the use of Mechanical Engineering principles and practices, as well as basic knowledge of typical manufacturing processes.
- 2d & 3D CAD proficiency for mechanical design with SolidWorks or Pro/Engineer experience required.
- Demonstrated experience defining component and assembly tolerances for form, fit, and function, and experience conducting tolerance analysis is required.
- Background in connector design and/or fiber connectivity is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience performing Finite Element Analysis is preferred.
- Working knowledge of thermoplastic and thermoset materials and processes is desired.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans