Price Industries, Inc. is growing and we are searching for a qualified Materials Manager to oversee our inventory and purchasing operations. If you are an experienced and competent individual with in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and procedures, then we’re looking for you! In this role, your duties will include maintaining budgets, analyzing materials, and researching vendors.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. To excel in this role, material managers need in-depth knowledge of supply chain and budgeting processes. Ultimately, you are tasked with ensuring all our departments have adequate access to the materials they need.
- Responsible for driving/implementing material process improvements to support business goals with the emphasis in supplier management, on time deliver, inventory turns, inventory accuracy, reducing waste, and cost.
- Identify, manage and problem solve material availability issues to reduce non value added time spent on expediting.
- Manage supplier relationship, in conjunction with business stakeholders, to control costs, drive superior quality, innovation, and service while mitigating risks.
- Experience in Lean, Kanban and various continuous improvements initiatives.
- Adapting to change – readily adapts to change and motivates team to take responsibility for adapting to executing change.
- Strong analytical and technical ability to problem solve.
- Ability to build strong teams, train, guide and communicate effectively to team members.
- Collaborate with Corporate Purchasing to develop and implement sourcing strategies, negotiate contracts, and develop supply agreements for raw materials, commodities and services.
- Review supplier lead times and maintain safety stock programs to meet specified inventory targets for proper inventory management.
- Participate in cycle counts process and ensure that materials are stored in the designated locations.
- Superior leadership skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a lean manufacturing environment, procurement, inventory management or operations.
- 5-10 years materials leadership experience with demonstrated track record of significant performance improvements.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel (pivot tables. Etc...) PowerPoint, Crystal Reports, and performing queries in ERP systems.
- APICS or ISM Certification a plus.
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.