SUMMARY: Will lead a team of 10-15 Chemical Engineers to provide technology ownership and process/production engineering oversight for a range of capital projects and process optimization.
- Execute full administrative responsibilities for a team of 10-15 Chemical Engineers.
- Ensure alignment with established project work processes & deliverables.
- Prioritize project portfolio according to business and strategic drivers.
- Coordinate staffing of the process engineering function for strategic, plant support and process improvement projects.
- Coordinate with Production Managers and Technical Manager to ensure proper prioritization and technical oversight for plant issues.
- Coordinate with process engineers to track and report progress and issue regular progress reports for all active projects.
- Drive knowledge and skill development of the process engineering team.
- Deliver process engineering capability for success: identify & resource contract support (e.g. specialty needs, software, hardware, etc.).
- Experience in Chemical Industry in process engineering, production engineering, process operations, process development, and/or project engineering.
- Experience in supervision of technical or operating staff.
- Practical experience in an operating chemical plant.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of programs or projects.
- Command of general chemical engineering principles and calculations.
- Experience with Aspen+ or related process simulation tools.
- Knowledge of Process Safety design concepts and documentation requirements.
- Direct experience in project work processes, such as FEED and/or FEL.
- Critical thinking, resourceful, results driven.
- General business acumen with experience in cost control and budget execution.
- Understands and adheres to all policies, procedures, and guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environmental emphasizing this perspective in their own work and in the work of others.
- Strives to continuously improve and apply personal knowledge and skills to effectively perform role.
- Use fact based, structured decision making process to initiate and support appropriate actions.
- Effectively exchange information, instructions, and ideas within own work group and with other cross-functional groups including frequent interactions with Research and Development, Capital and Production groups.
- Team player; works effectively within and across group(s) and understands each member's role and responsibilities.
- High degree of initiative, determination, and creativity.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
Visit our updated website at www.searchenterprises.com to browse available job opportunities, candidates, industry news, and more.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.