Environmental Field Construction Specialist II / III
We seek on-site support for a variety of construction and remediation projects.
Our Environmental Field Construction Specialist II / III will help supervise field activities, which include, but are not limited to: remediation system construction, excavation & waste removal, and landfill capping & sheet pilling installation projects.
In addition, our Environmental Field Construction Specialist II / III will be responsible helping to ensure that project timelines are met, which include, but are not limited to: bid and process support, construction oversight, coordination and communication with site owner and subcontractors as necessary, project progress stewardship, contractor management, and risk management.
These projects may expand over an extended time period, and travel may be required.
- Assists in the review of all drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Supervises field activities to ensure all construction projects meet applicable code and are structurally sound.
- Helps to prepare the construction schedule and prepares and submits applicable permits.
- Supports preparation of cost proposals for original scopes of work and change orders.
- Participates in project progress meetings.
- Coordinates preparation of project teams, including subcontractors.
- Helps create Quality Control and Safety Plans including: Activity Hazard Analysis.
- Handles subcontractor oversight and risk management.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in construction management, geology, environmental science, engineering, or a similar major.
- 2-5+ years of environmental construction experience and/or oversight experience. Experience with cost estimating and preparing vendor bid packages a plus.
- Must possess scheduling experience using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera and proficiency using Microsoft office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must possess excellent communication, delegation, teamwork, analytical, organizational, and technical writing skills.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to support business needs.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D