A Chemical Engineer job is available with a Belcan Manufacturing client in Vandalia, Ohio. The primary responsibility of this position is to be the hands-on engineering resource to assist the operations team to optimize and improve Environmental, Health & Safety, production throughput and yield as well as product quality.
• Develop engineering solutions to production and operations problems and opportunities. Plan, design and test production methods for chemical manufacturing. Ensure Process Automation is effectively utilized to optimize plant performance. Identify, communicate and eliminate production bottlenecks in order to maximize production capacities.
• Take technical ownership and definition of process safety hazard analysis, EHS operating systems, as well as all process defining documentation such as P&IDs, mass and energy balances. Provide engineering support in planning and commissioning production related process modifications. Act as Manufacturing Representative of Capital Projects providing process and design input through project scope, justification, timing, design and construction.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the Operational team along with Root Cause Failure Analysis efforts for production, EHS, and Quality incidents. Develop, teach, and improve operators’ ability to technically troubleshoot the various plant operations. Provide training and mentoring to the chemical line operators. Develop safety procedures for those working with chemicals and keep abreast of new methods and developments affecting operations for the purpose of recommending changes.
• Apply troubleshooting/problem solving to quickly respond to operational issues. Work with Maintenance Department on scheduled repairs, preventative maintenance.
• Assure effectiveness and technical accuracy of operating procedures and define, develop, and implement procedures via Management of Change (MOC) protocols. Coordinate, complete, and document Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), Management of Change (MOC), and process safety revalidations, to meet process safety and environmental requirements.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives to improve efficiency of existing process and/or procedures. Handle confidential information with care.
• A minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Chemical Engineering or related degree and five plus years of experience in a chemical production facility are required. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Individual experienced with chemical production in reactors that can support the operators but also guide maintenance in that area.
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment including collaboration between Supply Chain and Innovation among other functions.
• Must demonstrate project management skills as well as the ability to schedule and prioritize multiple projects effectively.
• Experience with management of capital projects and facilities expansion.
• The ability to troubleshoot and solve problems is a must. Working knowledge and experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies is required.
This is a direct position and salary based upon education, experience, and job knowledge.
Name: Steven Lagenour