JOB PURPOSE: To direct and manage all operations in multi-purpose chemical plants in order to produce a quality product in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of Plants to enable the production about $20M of chemical products meeting quality requirements on a timely basis.
- Direct activities of Plant Managers, Operations Leaders, Shift Group Leaders, hourly Operators, and support overall staff.
- Company senior leadership on forecasting, operational efficiency, forecasting, equipment and strategic capital needs.
- Schedule production to optimize product mix and in coordination with Procurement so raw material deliveries will meet customer requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate Plants support activities with Commercial leaders, Engineering development, Purchasing, Shipping, Quality, HS&E, and Maintenance.
- Work with Research & Development and Process Engineering on screening and scaling up new products.
- Work collaboratively with site Engineering and HS&E on strategic manufacturing capability to ensure the long term competitive operations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to environmental control, personnel health and safety, and process safety. Ensure responsible operations in Plants pertaining to GMP, ISO 9001, 14001, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Direct the training needs for all employees in Plants.
Chemical Engineer with VP/Director level experience in chemicals processing ideal, but a strong Plant Manager with multi-site experience may be considered. Must be a strong Operations Leader who doesn't need direction, one who knows their chemistry, is organized and a strong Plant Operations Leader. Batch manufacturing experience in chemical related products. Demonstrated success in a Continuous Improvement environment with knowledge of World Class Manufacturing tools
(Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.) and demonstrated results of leading teams that deliver improved performance with a strong focus on continuous improvement.