Centennial, Inc. has been retained by our valued client to conduct a CONFIDENTIAL strategic recruitment search for their critical role of Vice President of Aerospace Sales – US Operations. This strategic company has gained International acclaim for their wide range of aviation offerings - designing, engineering and delivering state-of-the-art aircraft systems for specialized roles by making ordinary aircraft extraordinary, delivering innovative, cost-effective and reliable special mission aircraft solutions-worldwide.
Located in either Oklahoma City, OK, or, Cincinnati, OH; this senior executive role will be responsible for managing and supporting the sales, business development functions across all US operations for the organization. Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will be directly assisting the CCO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to commercial management, program and project costing, income and margin forecasting needs and the securing of new business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their team and profitably growing sales to achieve yearly sales goals for the current core Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) market including prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This is a high profile and highly visible role..
Qualified candidates meeting the skills and qualifications contained herein will enjoy a very competitive compensation package with a full and comprehensive benefit package and generous bonus potential based on corporate and personal performance.
This position is available IMMEDIATELY and all qualified candidates are welcomed to apply CONFIDENTIALLY to further explore this excellent career opportunity.
Principle Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Leading sales and business development teams for all US facilities
· Focus on US government agencies, to maximize sales revenues
· Manage/coordinate sales campaigns and the preparation/submission of bids, tenders and contracts (capture process)
· Communicate bid strategies to the proposal team and senior management
· Coordinate the preparation of project bids and proposals to government agencies, US Military and large industry primes; in line with company procedure.
· Ensure consistent growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of the sales team
· Develop and implement plans to expand business presence in SMA and US Military market segments.
· Develops and sustain sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers at US military and government agencies with SMA requirements. Awareness of all US SMA opportunities
· Maintain a high level of awareness of target markets and competitor activity.
· Establishes relationships and working partnerships with large industry primes
· Communicate with VP of Engineering to synchronize product development priorities and capabilities with market development plan.
· Produce the annual US revenue to gross margin budgets, targets and plans for submission to CCO and Corporate Board
· Significant travel within the US and possibly other designated locations
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
· Minimum of a 4 year College degree in a technical/engineering discipline, or marketing/business management. Advanced degree preferred.
· At least 8 years progressive experience in the Capture Management/Business Development/Project Management field in Aircraft Design, Integration, Modification with a confirmed record of identifying and closing opportunities with the aerospace and/or military sectors
· Previous experience in developing business opportunities directly involved in modification/upgrading of both fixed wing and/or rotary aircraft within aerospace, SMA sector and/or governmental agencies highly desired.
· Familiar with the key points of contact at appropriate US military/government agencies.
· Experience with basic tools and techniques for effective business leadership
· Knowledgeable in technology including Microsoft Office software and Salesforce CRM.
· Successful track record within a dynamic, growth oriented organization.
· Strong presence, communication, and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate and manage
· Experience in leading cross-functional teams to deliver results.
· Exceptional business judgment and commercial awareness.
· High personal Integrity, accepting accountability easily.
· Team player throughout organization: - High Energy - Self-motivated - Flexible - Decisive - Detail oriented - strong analytical skills - proactive/results orientated
Name: T. J. Bugg