PROJECT MANAGER-OPERATIONS; Industrial Agricultural Manuf; Michigan
This company is a strong, growing family-owned and operated business with 65 years of service to the agricultural and transportation industries. Values are at the heart of everything they produce, and everything they do. The company produces premium products that are closely monitored from beginning to end and are committed to offering products that are healthy for you and your family
Reports direct to the General Manager. Responsible for researching projects, gathering information and helping to direct approved projects. Also, help supports plant operations through technical support of day-to-day operations, and overseeing projects by organizing and supervising project design, installation and startup elements by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following:
● Researches Projects as directed by management
o Works to develop approved project objectives by reviewing project proposals, plans, and getting quotes; conferring with plant and corporate management.
o Coordinates project planning with plant operations management.
● Helps determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
● Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
● Helps Coordinate project schedule and implementation, by helping coordinate project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
● Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
● Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
● Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
● Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions
● Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
● Other projects and tasks as requested.
Salary: $90K-$105K; strong benefits; relocation assistance; EOE; NO Sponsorship
● Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA);
● 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
● Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
● Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
● Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
● Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows Operating System, Summit Accounting software; MS Explorer; MS Excel, and MS Word.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
● Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.