ESG Automotive is the go-to source for electrical engineering consulting in the automotive industry. Join ESG Automotive’s team and be a part of the technology of tomorrow.
Job Title: Active Safety Engineer
Location: Warren, MI
What you’ll be doing:
Responsible for the development, implementation, and verification of new software functionality along with the analysis and correction of software defects in the Active Safety - Autonomous Driving Features domain.
- Develop embedded software controls algorithms to production modeling standards using Matlab-Simulink and, using generated auto-code and supporting hand-code where necessary, integrate resulting software into overall Active Safety software product line.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of subsystem features and functions through the identification and resolution of issues as raised by product teams.
- Proactively identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop initial calibrations and calibration guide.
- Ensure delivered software meets intended system needs and system safety requirements.
- Support problem resolution activities (durability, warranty, etc.).
- Develop optimization strategies.
- Provide design direction / resolve design issues.
- Lead peer reviews of deliverables (model, specification, test cases, etc.).
- Assist with coordination and negotiation of software interfaces
- Promote and improve process and standards adherence
- Adhere to all safety precautions and requirements, and treat safety as the top priority
- during all work activities
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Excellent benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Short-term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k with employer match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off package including Vacation, Personal/Sick, and Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Dynamic place to work with variety of projects
- Strong work/life balance
- Opportunity for growth
Let the innovative developments and newest technologies in the world of electronics captivate you.
ESG Automotive Inc. is a sound and steadily growing company. As part of the ESG Group, it is able to offer committed employees the professional environment of an internationally active company with locations in the USA and Europe. For four decades, the ESG Group has been developing, integrating and selling electronics and IT systems and is regarded as a high-tech company for technology transfer between different markets.
Due to our broad range of customers and our activities in future-oriented industries, we offer challenging tasks and activities. Technology and consulting are entwined in all areas of our business. Shorter chains of communication and an open corporate culture make for a straightforward and pleasant working environment in which our employees are able to grow and develop.
As we operate in the high-tech sector, we place particularly high demands on our employees: In addition to solid specialist knowledge and industry experience, we are looking for professional and quality-oriented individuals who are customer- oriented and are able to quickly integrate in multi-disciplinary teams.
What you need for this position:
- 3+ years of related engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering Proficient programming skills in high level languages "C"
- 2+ years of experience in software algorithm design, performance tuning, debugging, documentation, and testing skills.
- Possess the analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with local and global team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
Name: Careers ESG