As the Electrical Software Support Engineer at ePLAN, you will need to have thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques. You will provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems for customer concerns via phone, web, online forums, and other channels by providing solutions, direction, and general troubleshooting to customer subject matters. Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used.
Document support interactions in a company-wide case management system. You will be a member of the ePLAN Support team and the ePLAN International 2nd Level Support Team supporting colleagues in all other ePLAN Subsidiaries answer 2nd level support issues. The 2nd level issues will be escalate to you and other internal resources. Manage customer and partner expectations by providing timely updates on progress. Deliver proactive support activities such as: developing and presenting webinars, hosting Q&A sessions on our online communities, and publishing technical articles. This position reports to the Technical Business Manager.
- Provide Technical assistance to customers with ePLAN issues over the phone, WebEx and email
- 2nd level support International
- Log all support calls and emails on ePLAN Solution Center
- Follow up uncompleted calls and take appropriate actions
- Report and forward of any unresolved customer issues and software wishes request to QA department
- Submit Software Wish requests to QA with completed documents
- Maintain adequate level of knowledge on ePLAN products and stay up to date
- Assist technical and sales colleagues with on-going projects when needed
- Identify sales opportunities whilst delivering support.
- Inform sales team about the products or services, customers could be interested in.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of product range.
- Occasionally substitute basic standard trainings to company customers (Electric, Pro Panel, EEC One).
- Translate Knowledge articles in EPLAN Solution Center and create new ones.
- Maintaining adequate knowledge of product range.
- Passing on new knowledge and product features via the Pyramid Process to technical colleagues.
- Other tasks as set out by the Technical Business Manager or Managing Director of ePLAN.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Two or more years of experience in the design of electrical engineering systems, Control Panel manufacturing and design or as an electrical CAE/CAD Software Support engineer
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in electrical CAD / CAE
- We will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be authorized to work on an unrestricted basis.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- This position reports directly to the Technical Business Manager.
- FLSA Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- EPLAN Software & Service LLC is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
- Major Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Retirement: 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick time, and bereavement leave
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company-paid term life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Life & Personal Accident Insurance
Name: Christine Canty