Our client, a world leading Pharmaceutical Company in Thousand Oaks, CA is currently looking for an Associate Scientist/ (HPLC/UV) to join their expanding team.
- Job Title: Associate Scientist/ (HPLC, UV)
- Duration: 15 months contract, extendable up to 24 months
- Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, 91320
- Client has the right-to-hire you as a permanent employee at any time during or after the end of contract.
- You may participate in the company group medical insurance plan
- This position will be based at the Client Thousand Oaks Facility (ATO); other Client locations may be considered. It will report into the Engineering Technical Authority, which is part of the Corporate Engineering department. This position is responsible for providing civil engineering expertise to capital projects and operations across all Client sites, KPI development and benchmarking, as well as identification of innovative technologies to optimize operations. The Technical Engineering Authority group establishes and maintains corporate standards and specifications, provides design reviews and technical support, provides support for new project definition, and evaluate new technologies.
- To perform experiments, organize data and analyze results under minimal supervision.
With minimal supervision, plans, conducts or monitors experiments, records and organizes data, analyses results, generates robust and reliable data and/or Ensures that contracted studies are conducted in compliance with the respective protocol and applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Monitors or follows established experimental design and protocols and performs routine tasks and studies to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Plans, monitors or conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data
- Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications as necessary .
- Develops and implements new protocols with moderate review ? Engages coworkers in scientific discussions.
- Communicates data and interpretation to work group.
- Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties.
- Contributes to internal/external reports, papers, presentations, regulatory documents, invention disclosure submissions and/or patents Participates in department-wide support efforts such as safety, recruiting and committees
- May train staff and/or supervise others ? Coordinates and organizes resources needed to complete the task
- Understands when to seek input and when to make independent judgments.
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Experience in a Biopharmaceutical working enviroment.
- Instrumentation experience in HPLC, UV/VIS Spectrometry experience in a Biopharmaceutical working environment
- Skilled at developing systems to ensure quality data.
- Skilled and/or knowledgeable in the use of standard laboratory equipment and with one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques.
- Routinely contribute to internal reports, presentations, regulatory documents.
- Participates in department-wide support efforts such as safety, recruiting and committees.
- May train staff. Coordinates requests and organizes resources needed to support several families of methods.
- Will be working in a team environment, will have the opportunity to teach others and learn from each other’s.
- Will also have exposure to different departments and skills.
Name: Aaron Kumar