Position: Chemical Engineer
Location: Danville, VA Area
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
· Optimize core products-improving cycle time, efficiency and throughput.
· Maintain/streamline/improve manufacturing procedures and documentation.
· Routinely train and refresh operators on procedures and best practices.
· Create and maintain data/charts/reports for all products to increase awareness and visibility.
· Use Six Sigma methods to improve efficiency and yield.
· Successfully execute customer trials in the Plant and operate equipment including reactors, dryers, centrifuges, filter presses, pumps, mills, etc
· Work closely with Applications Engineer to ensure a successful technology transfer and provide data and feedback.
· Expertly navigate DCS system.
· Participate in project/product post campaign review to identify successes and opportunities for improvement.
· Work with maintenance to overcome setup issues.
· Assist in tracking plant performance utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools.
· BS Chemical Engineering mandatory, Masters preferred.
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in Chemical industry. Prefer 10-15 years’ experience
· Proven track record of developing and leading Chemical processes.
· Experience in batch processing, unit operations, Process Safety Management a plus
· Experience with the four steps of Trials: Tech Package, Scale-up, Commercialization and move into plant as Process Engineer
· Familiar with Risk Management Program
· Solid team player and can work up and down the organization.
· Hazardous chemical experience highly desired. PHA and problem-solving skills a plus
· Must possess excellent organization, prioritization and follow-up skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills
· Results oriented, self-starter who works well independently and understands expectations.
About The River Group
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations
Name: John Spindler
Ph: 843-815-9111 ext 229