Volt is looking for a Test Engineer to work on-site with our customer in Ankeny, IA. This position is for a test engineer to support the verification of the function of parts and systems used on cotton harvesting equipment. Some but not all of the key tasks will include:
- Using data acquisition equipment to measure hydraulic and air system flows and pressures, temperatures throughout the machine, mechanical stresses in structures, and to gather CAN bus information.
- Design, development, execution, analysis, and reporting of various lab and field tests.
- Report test results in V2Net in a timely and clear manner; help in the definition and execution of any follow up testing.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Technology, or equivalent experience along with 1-2 years of experience with data acquisition and testing.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- A working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and powertrain systems including structural analysis.
- A strong knowledge of engineering theory and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other disciplines to understand complex systems and to conduct tests that evaluate the potential capability of these systems to function properly.
- Ability to process large amounts of technical information, summarize the data, and clearly present that information to drive review and resolution of test plan activities in a timely manner.
- Experience in working in a team environment and soliciting cooperation when needed.
- SOME TRAVEL IS REQUIRED. Up to 25% travel required. Flexibility and ability to adapt regarding hours/travel/priorities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Design experience with the design, development and/or test of mobile equipment, preferably agricultural harvesting equipment.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and maintenance of agricultural equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical/electronically controlled components and systems.
- Working knowledge of EDAQs or similar data acquisition tools.
- Expert knowledge of data collection and analysis with nCode.
- Ability to define and design test fixtures.
- 3-5 years practical experience in the design, development, or testing of electronically controlled engines, powertrains and hydraulic systems.
- Expert knowledge of structural test and analysis, including the use of stress testing and/or ADV testing to evaluated the life of structural members.
- A working knowledge of the CAN bus and how to extract information from it.
- A working knowledge of advanced electronic systems used in agriculture for monitoring and tracking the harvest and post-harvest processing of product.
- A working knowledge of the EETS system used for field test problem tracking.
- A basic understanding of reliability and statistics.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Name: Volt Workforce Solutions