GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
GP Strategies has an immediate need for a Part-Time (Manufacturing & Resource Planning Enterprise Applications) Instructor
to support a large aerospace manufacturing client in the Seattle, WA area.Job Summary:
- Utilize teaching aids such as training documentation, computer environments and media tools.
- Apply learning techniques to ensure student retention and prove competency in specific tasks and behaviors.
- Manage and deliver course rosters with high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Manage the student training delivery environment to enable the course content to be delivered as designed.
- Provide input to client focal on Learning Environment data needs and troubleshooting.
- Delivers training sessions on site and virtually, covering specified areas of technical specialty.
- Deploy learning assessments to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of recommended training.
- Evaluates and document on trainee progress.
- Travels to client sites as required within the Greater Puget Sound Area
- Deliver courses on multiple shifts and times.
- Self-train to learn other courses in a portfolio of technologies Participate in or conduct train the trainer classes to drive qualification and capability in a team
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as an Instructor teaching enterprise applications for manufacturing employees (ME, DE and IE)
- Understanding of manufacturing systems required (work flow, resource planning process planning, installation plans, etc.)
- Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) principles
- Ability to manage basic technology to deliver (PC, Microsoft Office, Internet, Microsoft Windows, UNIX etc.)
- Understanding of Adult learning principles – recognize the dynamics and behavioral styles of the participants to effectively guide the discussion
- Ability to challenge learners’ understanding and knowledge of manufacturing processes and practices.
- Ability to represent the client in a highly professional and disciplined manner to new hires, suppliers and client employees
- Ability to escalate issues and situations respectfully and responsibly
- Facilitate dialog that helps learners make sense of content and build confidence
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful to solve immediate problems and get help when needed
- Ability to adapt in challenging circumstances such as turnout, no-shows and conflicts
- Understanding of Aerospace Manufacturing processes and practices (Specifically ERP, MES and PDM systems)
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning platforms and applications
- Experience or proven knowledge of Manufacturing work flows and vernacular
- Understanding of Aerospace job roles and activities
- Understanding of PLM use in Aerospace
- Prior experience working for an Aerospace company
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.