Barnes Aerospace is seeking a dynamic and progressive Human Resources leader to join its team. The ideal candidate should have a strong human resources generalist background that uses and encourages creative and innovative thinking, is process and solutions-oriented and has a demonstrated track record of driving talent management initiatives across the organization in alignment with the business strategy. As a business partner to the President, Barnes Aerospace, you will provide strategic advice, guidance and support in the areas of talent management, employee development and organizational design and effectiveness. You will lead, manage and implement human resources best practices and programs to support the business goals for achieving profitable growth. You will manage the employee relations efforts across the business, working closely with the operational leadership to design and implement business and BES aligned HR processes that promote positive management/employee relations and a high-performance engaged workforce. If you are a self-motivated, collaborative leader with a proven track record of achieving results, seeking to put his/her human resources talents to use in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
- Provides human resources consultation and advice to segment, business unit and division leaders regarding the alignment of human resources initiatives with business objectives. Aligned with the HR Strategy, develops and implements effective, value-added human resource and talent management programs that will contribute meaningfully to the company’s attaining profitable, sustainable growth.
- Leads teams with a leadership style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments and strive for excellence.
- Continuously seeks to improve the quality and effectiveness of the Barnes Aerospace organization through the effective assessment, and selection of talent that is developable and eager to relocate and assume assignments where their expertise is needed.
- Plays an integral role in talent review and succession planning process working closely with the business leaders on selecting and developing the talent within the organization to build bench strength, improve organizational effectiveness and provide assistance to managers / supervisors and employees on coaching, mentoring, training / development, performance management and rewards and recognition efforts.
- Serves as a facilitator in change management requiring the ability to adapt and think creatively and quickly in response to complex and diverse issues / challenges. Acts as consultant and advisor to all employees across the segment.
- Participates in HR planning efforts with Corporate HR to ensure resources and objectives are in alignment with Barnes Aerospace strategic objectives and implemented effectively.
- Partners with business leadership to develop, execute and lead key HR processes and initiatives as required by the business strategy, ensuring alignment with the Corporate HR strategies. Builds and maintains effective working relations with management teams and employees to advise both on employee-related and organizational matters.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of organization and services provided / performed.
- The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of progressive human resources experience working in a manufacturing environment. Prior global expertise and experience working in the Aerospace industry a plus.
- High-caliber, human resources generalist with experience successfully supporting and assisting with organizational and cultural changes.
- Management experience with a strong functional background in people selection, talent management, OD, data analytics, etc.
- A hands-on, pro-active practical approach and a track record of delivering desired outcomes to support business. Solid understanding of M&A and integration work for a multi-site organization.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with management, supervision and employees required. Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, insight into group dynamics, high tolerance for ambiguity and change, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Respects individual differences and utilizes the diverse thinking and contributions of all. Works across organization boundaries, encourages teamwork and a sense of partnership. Empowers others to achieve desired results and holds them accountable.
- High integrity and ethical standards required. Ability to apply conceptual, innovative thinking processes to the practical implementation of systems. Must be forward thinking and strategic with respect to HR processes and systems, creating a climate for change.
- Up to 30%-35% travel required.
Internal Candidate Instructions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline required. Master’s degree in business, human resources, law or related discipline a definite plus.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website: www.bginc.com Click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth
to support our business objectives.