CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AK0100AA11 Procurement - DV, Exempt
The Site Procurement and Material Control Manager leads the CF Industries site procurement and materials control organization by supporting the strategic direction of the company-wide function and building an organization that will expertly execute procurement and material control processes, all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions. Promote strategic and operational guidance in the key areas of company-wide volume aggregation and standardization, supplier base optimization, and the development of cost-saving synergies across all functions and locations. The incumbent provides leadership in identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement and material control processes, and builds supportive internal and external relationships within procurement and material control, with other functions, and at the plant management level.
- Leads the site based procurement team to deliver to the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site specific plans.
- Serves as the owner of the procurement process at the site and engages strategically to transform procurement processes and increase accountability of procurement in alignment with the business.
- Participates in the long term strategic plan and the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
- Drives improvement in turnaround and capital project planning, contracting and execution.
- Creates a highly collaborative procurement and materials control culture by providing the appropriate level of communication, governance and metrics.
- Understands and leverages knowledge of the company’s and competitor’s products, industry trends, and superior business practices, and integrates the same into procurement operations in ways that achieve competitive advantage.
- Develops and executes the risk management plan that addresses key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and procurement processes.
- Enables and manages the capability improvement of the procurement and material control team members in all areas of leadership, behaviors and procurement competencies in order to enhance business results and succession planning.
- Develops and implements key sourcing strategies at the site, regional and potentially global level.
- Facilitates continuous engagement with the stakeholder community in the procurement process and category management.
- Supports the “One Company” philosophy in all procurement initiatives.
- Manages key supplier relationships in conjunction with stakeholders to increase alignment and value generation between the supplier and CF.
- Drives process standardization and optimization in procurement strategies as well as within the areas of supplier management, risk management, supplier qualification and the procure to pay process.
- Participates in site leadership meetings and support site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Facilitates key interactions across the sites and with the Corporate office.
- Leads the procurement function at the site in pursuit of sourcing strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier performance and reduce costs.
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement and material control functions by reporting quarterly on the progress being made with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensures appropriate communication and implementation of all procurement related policies, practices and process improvements to all affected employees.
- Coordinates and promotes the work of CF category and improvement teams.
- Ensures that inventory stock outs are optimally minimized and provide leadership to facilitate cross-functional evaluation of the appropriate level of spare parts inventory through the use of various inventory control techniques.
- Manages the warehouse to ensure good safety processes are in place; housekeeping standards are kept and best practices in material control are implemented.
- Leads supplier qualification efforts including potential introduction of new suppliers.
- Manages appropriate supply and service agreements, and facilitate any necessary improvements to increase accuracy, visibility and productivity and to ensure compliance to the contract management and sourcing process and any applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Segments supply base on the basis of impact and implements supplier performance management and continuous improvement process accordingly with appropriate KPIs and governance.
- Facilitates claim management including proactive mitigation and resolution.
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements.
- Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed.
- Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed.
- Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related disciplines.
- MBA is desired but not essential.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering or other commercial experience with at least 3 years at the supervisory-level.
- Track record of delivering substantial results in a complex organization.
- Experience in developing and deploying regional strategies and processes.
- Certification in procurement or supply management desirable.
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with external suppliers.
- Excellent technical knowledge of good procurement practice including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems.
- Experience in heavy industrial environment, knowledge of chemical manufacturing and major capital projects.
The Site Procurement and Material Control Manager promotes strategic and operational guidance in key areas of company-wide volume aggregation, process standardization and control, supplier performance, and the development of cost saving synergies across all functions.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK