Overall accountabilities include product design and development of foundation brake systems for class-8 vehicles.
1. Travel to OEM, fleet and dealer customers to perform training, promote new products and evaluate field tests and field issues.
2. Represent Hendrickson at industry organization meetings.
3. Be direct technical contact for customers for business unit products
4. Assist Engineering supervisor on specific product application initiatives regarding class-8 Wheel End, Brake, and Axle systems.
5. Assist in laboratory and field evaluation of wheel end, brake, and axle products.
6. Assist Engineering Supervisor in creation and continuous improvement of best practices for wheel end, brake, and axle systems
7. Assist in creating necessary engineering documentation to support the SPPD process, including FMEAs, tolerance stack ups, DVP, etc., as needed.
8. Create report/documentation to support warranty investigations with respect to wheel ends, brakes and axles.
9. Support both internal and external customers through verbal and written means.
10. Travel to manufacturing plants and vendors to support current product issues and product changes.
Education and Training:
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, or Aeronautical Engineering.
* 0-5+ years of experience in automotive, class-8 vehicle, heavy equipment or agricultural industry product design/application engineering.
* Preferred working knowledge of wheel-end, and/or brake systems, preferably in class 8 truck/trailer, will consider off highway, passenger car or aircraft braking industry experience.
* Knowledge of organic and semi-met brake lining manufacturing processes a plus.
* Knowledge of bearings and hubs considered a plus.
* Experience in design and drafting using 3D CAD software, Creo (or equivalent), Team Center experience required.
* Metallurgical background including experience with steel forgings and stampings including heat treating considered a plus.
* Demonstrated experience with test and evaluation methodology for foundation brakes and/or hubs is a plus.
* Demonstrated experience with quality systems for industrial brake production and assembly is a plus.
* Knowledge of precision machining processes including turning, boring, milling a plus.
* Physical Requirements will include sitting, walking, standing, stooping, occasionally kneeling, and crawling.
* Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Travel will be required and can be up to 20% yearly work schedule.
* Normal work conditions are an office environment, and occasionally work in the R&D lab.
* Field investigations are typically performed outside the office and will be seasonal.
* Demonstrate interpersonal skills.
* Project/team management skills will be critical.
* Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Name: Lauren Grove