With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected network.
GHD is seeking an Entry Level Staff Electrical Engineer for our Santa Rosa, CA office. We have a supportive office culture that encourages camaraderie and community involvement. As one of Sonoma County’s largest A/E/C firms, we collaborate across engineering and environmental disciplines on diverse projects. We also have excellent in-house resources such as marketing, graphics, finance and more.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the design of electrical systems
- Overseeing and completing specific portions of assigned projects
- Delivering projects on time and within budget
- Managing project requests, both internally and externally
- Maintaining open communication with project team members
- Obtaining precise information about work scope from client/manager by active listening and clear communication
- Assisting in preparing proposals, bid writing and pricing when required
- Designing calculations, gather and compile data
- Demonstrating the firm’s core values in decision and interactions
- Working toward project work being conducted to appropriate professional standards and meets the requirements of the firm’s QA/QC system
- Maintaining and developing expertise and stays abreast of developments in their technical field
Ideally we’re looking for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience with the ability to demonstrate basic, practical electrical engineering skills
- Engineer in Training Certification and applicable internship experience preferred
- Willing and able to travel regionally as needed
- Involvement in professional organization preferred
- Well-developed communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge
- Builds rapport with others; shows ability to influence with or without formal authority
- Ability to handle stress
- Sound judgment and decisiveness
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No phone calls please and no third party firms. This position does not offer visa sponsorship
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.