Industrial Engineer, Senior - Maryville, TN
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is seeking an Industrial Engineer for our Corporate Office in Maryville, TN. The ideal candidate will have 3-7 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and/or Continuous Improvement Engineering.
This position requires roughly 50% travel
Who are We?
Clayton, the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing from coast to coast. As a diverse builder offering traditional site-built homes, modular homes, manufactured homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks and apartments, we believe that everyone should have the chance to pursue homeownership.
What’s in it for You?
- Opportunity to build a Career! We help you develop lifelong skills to ensure your success.
- Excellent family Benefits (Health, Dental & Vision insurance, PTO, 401k, Wellness program).
- Encouraging culture that supports Work/Life balance.
- One of the most competitive compensation & bonus programs in the industry.
- Endless opportunities for advancement!
This experienced Industrial Engineer will analyze our manufacturing processes, evaluate their effectiveness, and develop methodologies to improve our efficiency. Strong communication and presentation skills are essential because any process improvement suggestions will need to be presented to the Senior Ops team and facility personnel for implementation.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes to develop process improvement methodologies.
- Determine areas of improvement for minimizing operating costs while maximizing production.
- Collaborate with team members on cost projects, reduction, run times, etc.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and layout.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Communicate initiatives to all levels of operations, including capital analysis and CAR presentation.
- Support manufacturing operations in the field. Travel required.
- Facilitate process innovation and automation
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Process, or Continuous Improvement Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to analyze and plan workflow and design layout of facility for maximum efficiency.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong Project management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804