Due to significant growth Tetra Tech’s Norfolk, Virginia office is seeking a Civil/Environmental Project Manager. If you are a Professional Engineer, licensed in the state of Virginia, with 10+ years of experience in design of environmental and water/wastewater-related projects including pumping, piping, and treatment facilities we want you to lead our growing Civil Engineering Division.
We are looking for a person who looks for new challenges as it pertains to their business success. The successful Project Manager will be a trusted advisor to our regional management, program and project managers, and clients. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit but like the stability and resources of an established organization, consider us.
Your experience should encompass all phases of design, including conceptual/feasibility evaluations, preparation of design reports, development of construction drawings and specifications, bidding assistance, and support of office and field-related construction services. The successful Project Manager will have experience in design of environmental water and/or wastewater facilities and possess strong knowledge and background of treatment equipment and pumping systems.
Why choose Tetra Tech?
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.8 billion revenue in 2017, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
If your quality of life is as important as the quality of the work you choose, then check out Tetra Tech. We just might be the company you’ve been waiting for.
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering is required. Master’s or advanced degree is preferred.
• Minimum 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in the engineering consulting market.
• Possession of a professional registration in Virginia (i.e., Professional Engineer (PE)) is required. Additional southeastern state PE certifications (i.e., Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina) are a plus.
• Experience conducting or managing Design/Build projects is a plus.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus.
• Design Build Institute of America (DBIA) Certification is a plus.
• 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current 8-hour refresher training is preferred. Other OSHA training (10 hour or 30 hour Construction) is desirable.
• Experience with municipal, commercial and governmental projects is beneficial but not mandatory.
• Proven track record of successfully bringing in and executing profitable assignments for clients and building key target client accounts.
• Experience working on and possibly leading preparation of proposals and technical deliverables.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies