Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.5 billion revenue in 2017, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
What we’re looking for…
Tetra Tech’s Norfolk, Virginia office is seeking a Department Lead – Civil/Environmental Project Manager. The qualified candidate will be a Professional Engineer, licensed in the state of Virginia, with 10+ years of experience in design of environmental and water/wastewater-related projects including pumping, piping, and treatment facilities to lead our growing Civil Engineering Division.
Experience should encompass all phases of design, including conceptual/feasibility evaluations, preparation of design reports, development of construction drawings and specifications, bidding assistance, and support of office and field-related construction services. The successful Department Lead will have experience in design of environmental water and/or wastewater facilities and possess strong knowledge and background of treatment equipment and pumping systems.
If you’re ready to have your can-do attitude rewarded with challenging work, then we urge you to apply for this position! We are looking for a person who is not afraid of challenges and who looks for new challenges as it pertains to their business success. The successful Department Lead will be a trusted advisor to our regional management, program and project managers, and clients.
You Will Thrive In This Role If You:
• Lead. Lead and direct the Tetra Tech (Norfolk Division) Civil Engineering Team in the procurement and completion of large scale municipal, federal and commercial water/wastewater or environmental infrastructure projects.
• Think Big. Implement vision and mission for growth of the Civil Engineering Team roster and workload
• Innovate. Develop and implement procedures for planning, design, and construction management to meet project objectives
• Prioritize. Manage multiple, concurrent projects, from project development through construction completion to meet client objectives
• Manage Projects. Additional project management related work will include water/wastewater assessment and design, multi-discipline civil/environmental assessment, remediation, environmental compliance, and civil engineering related design and construction
• Geek Out! Identify and implement effective systems and/or software for project success, including project management information systems, document management systems, relevant water/wastewater modeling tools, etc.
• Help Others. Assist clients with strategic planning for prioritization of projects
• Cultivate Your Team. Provide mentorship of program team staff to support the growth of individuals in support of successful delivery of projects
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering is required. Master’s or advanced degree is preferred.
• Minimum 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in the engineering consulting market.
• Possession of a professional registration in Virginia (i.e., Professional Engineer (PE)) is required. Additional southeastern state PE certifications (i.e., Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina) are a plus.
• Experience conducting or managing Design/Build projects is a plus.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus.
• Design Build Institute of America (DBIA) Certification is a plus.
• 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current 8-hour refresher training is preferred. Other OSHA training (10 hour or 30 hour Construction) is desirable.
• Experience with municipal, commercial and governmental projects is beneficial but not mandatory.
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency delivering technical and business presentations.
• Successful past performance directing and supervising subcontractors.
• Proven track record of successfully bringing in and executing profitable assignments for clients and building key target client accounts.
• Experience working on and possibly leading preparation of proposals and technical deliverables.
Not Just Working in the Office… Work will be primarily in the office but working in the field may also be necessary. Field work will primarily be in Virginia but could be any-where based on client needs, so the ability to travel and work remotely and on weekends or extended hours (as needed) may be expected occasionally.
Put Your Communications Skills to Use… Candidates should be fluent in the English language the ability to speak/understand Spanish is a plus. Candidates must be able to professionally interact with clients, subcontractors, professionals and the general public.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies