Do you understand and read code? Are you a self-motivated person with a passion for technology and automation? Do you possess at least three years of experience with Automation? Do you have and enjoy using leadership abilities? If you said yes to these questions, and you enjoy working independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a passionate Software Engineer in Test who will partner with and work closely with the software engineers to ensure our new UI/UX project is automated. This position requires an excellent communication skills, collaboration as well as technical skills. It requires ideal candidates to be able to develop test automation scripts, have a solid record of planning, designing and conducting of automation review and inspection.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Develop, execute, and maintain automation test scripts
- Develops strategies for improving test processes and recommends to management
- Researches new testing tools and techniques and/or develops new testing tools and methodologies as appropriate
- Log, manage, and retest defects in bug tracking system
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures
- Understand and compose feature specifications and create test suits for all product components focusing on UI and usability across multiple devices (desktop & mobile)
- Stays abreast of industry best practices
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- BA / BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience as Automation Engineer
- Experience in Agile Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment is a plus
- Has experience with structuring the automation testing plans on multiple projects and technology platforms, estimating schedules, resources and dependencies. (Preferred but not mandatory)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starting, self-motivated, independent and proactive
- Ability to operate effectively both independently as well as within a team
Required Technical skills:
- 3+ years of experience with Automation experience
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Cucumber / Selenium WebDriver is preferred
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with fundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming Languages like C#, Java, C++ etc.
- Familiarity with basics of web development (HTML 5/CSS 3/Angular 4.0) a bonus
- Knowledge of Rest based web services is a plus
- Experience with SQL queries /PostgreSQL database with GIS knowledge plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Experience with code versioning and management, including Git
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques (Unit, Functional, Load; JUnit, NUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, Jasmine, Karma etc.)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.