Are you an engineer who is motivated, customer focused and works well in a team?
This Civil/Environmental Project Engineer job at Tetra Tech might be the career step you are looking for.
This position is responsible for project design oversight and responsibility, cost estimating, engineering and feasibility studies, and other related engineering tasks supporting the Civil/Environmental group in the Norfolk, VA office. This Project Engineer will plan, direct, and control the execution of technical, fiscal, and administration functions of assigned projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Support a wide variety of municipal and federal projects involving pipelines, collection systems, lift/pump stations, storage and equalization facilities, pipeline rehabilitation and treatment facilities, site investigations, permit preparations, engineering studies, environmental designs, environmental testing programs and remediation/construction design and management
• Lead the planning, evaluation and selection of preferred alternatives
• Perform conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses
• Prepare detailed engineering reports and supporting documents
• Prepare construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
• Provide construction support services such as bid evaluations, plan clarifications, review shop drawings, prepare operations and maintenance manuals, review monthly progress reports and evaluate change order requests
• Ensure compliance with company quality assurance standards
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.8 billion revenue in 2017, Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
If you have:
• a B.S in Civil/Environmental Engineering; M.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering preferred
• Strong technical experience
• Experience with engineering cost control, progress reporting, resource planning, scheduling, and management of contracts
• Understanding of Federal, State, and Local regulations and guidance (Clean Water Act, CERCLA, RCRA, Clean Air Act, etc)
• Excellent technical writing and communication skills as well as be independent and resourceful
• Registration as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) is required
• Experience in general civil/site/stormwater
We want to talk to you!
Work will be split between the Norfolk, VA office and field. Projects and field work will primarily be in Eastern Virginia; some overnight travel may be required.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it’s much more than what can be done today; it’s what we’ll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies