Volt is looking for a Mechanical Harness Designer to work on-site with our customer John Deere in Waterloo, IA in a contingent position forecasted for 3 years. This position will be responsible for routing wire harness and wire cable components for the Agricultural tractor team. The specific tasks to be performed are:
- Manage execution of small projects related to harness changes
- Create designs and modify existing designs using Creo Cabling
- Work with manufacturing and quality engineers to identify improvements to designs
- Interact with other design teams and the electrical team to coordinate co-effective changes
- Work with supplier(s) to determine best design practices and components
- Pull part numbers and decisions for parts being designed using PTC Windchill/SAP
- Review and approve two dimensional harness drawings
- Participate on a cross functional team and perform design reviews
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with other stakeholders
- Great communication skills
- 3+ years of experience with ProCable
- 3+ years of harness or cable design for vehicles
- BS degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- Practical and/or design experience with Agricultural and/or Off-highway Equipment
- Advanced experience with Pro/E, especially the Pro/Cabling module.
- Experience with Capital Harness Systems (CHS)
- Read electrical schematics to relate to wire harness designs
Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For immediate consideration please email resume look forward to hearing from you soon.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to http://jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify.