Are you energetic? Do you thrive in high-paced environments? Do you have a desire to utilize your Industrial Engineering education at an industry leader in delivering extraordinary customer service, top quality products, expanding distribution, and continued innovation? Would you like to be part of the introduction of a Lean-centered culture? If your answer is yes to all of these questions, then please apply for this exciting Co-op opportunity at Standard Motor Products, Inc. Engine Management’s Distribution Center.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Engineering Undergrad Co-Op to support our Lean manufacturing initiatives. In this exciting opportunity, you will utilize your Industrial Engineering knowledge to assist in the implementation of our Lean initiatives. We are looking for the brightest talent to help grow and develop our thriving workforce!
*Relocation or housing is not provided for this position.
Work Terms Available:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Facility Operations Managers
- Performing flow analysis and layout drawings for operation relocations
- Assist with Time Studies and the updated of various Engineered Standards
- Assist with coordination of Kaizen events and subsequent reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- 2nd or 3rd year Industrial Engineering undergrad student
- 3.20 GPA or higher
- Must possess a basic understanding of Industrial Engineering and Lean concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to effectively interact with all levels within organization
- A working knowledge of MOST and Auto-Cad-Lite or Auto-Cad (preferred)