Working within one of our experienced multi-disciplinary teams, you will
- Support the Solid Waste group working on a diverse range of clients and projects
- Work in feasibility assessment, design, construction oversight, operational support, monitoring, approvals and permitting, and regulatory compliance related to traditional and emerging solid waste technologies and renewable energy systems.
- Prepare technical documents, including draft work plans, reports, correspondence, and proposals for environmental, solid waste management, and renewable energy projects.
- Participate in the development of detailed design documents, including design reports, specifications, and drawings, and support construction oversight and administration.
- Participate in providing field and technical operations support for a variety of projects in cooperation with project team members. Additionally, participate in fieldwork associated with environmental investigations, including drilling, soil sampling, monitoring well/soil gas probe installation, etc.
- Data compilation, analysis, and evaluation including application of engineering principles and problem solving skills under supervision of project manager and supervisor.
What you will bring to the team
Our commitment to you
- Bachelors or Masters in Civil Engineering, or related major.
- Self-starter, flexible, team player, willing and able to work on a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous field experience (i.e. sampling, drilling, contractor oversight, construction) is an asset.
- Willingness to travel and conduct fieldwork.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D would be considered an asset.
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please click 'Apply for Job' above to attach your cover letter and resume.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.