Location: Temple Terrace, Florida 33637
If you are an experienced Telecommunications Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Telecommunications Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with ours client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Telecommunications Engineer will include:
- Individual will support projects to migrate circuits off legacy ULH / WDM systems onto parallel Ciena 6500 ULH systems and/or Cisco 54xx equipment, then decommission the legacy ULH / WDM systems. This will reduce legacy ULH / WDM systems equipment related outages and improve network reliability.
- Evaluate and Process grooms in the System of Record
- Evaluate and Process grooms in the Workflow Tool
- Perform infrastructure grooms, decommissions, Equipment validation prior to node removals and equipment validation according to defined MOP
- Update all Systems of Record and Workflow and perform data basing.
- Engineering declares element ready for decommission
- Validation to ensure network routing free of all customer/end-user traffic
- Confirm network survivability remains intact
- Support out-of-hours MASTARS events when necessary
- CIRCUIT ANALYSIS - Individual associate researches a pool of systems/circuits/equipment to identify the correct systems/circuits/equipment ID and all related IDs in the provisioning systems for accuracy and data integrity. The following systems will include, but not be limited to: BGW, Nautilus, Mecca, ICON, Venue, TCOMS, CCP, F&E
- CIRCUIT PROVISIONING - Individual associates currently install/groom/change/disconnect
systems/circuits/equipment terminated at/to or passing through LD equipment. The systems/circuits/equipment may be engineered from the LD POP to LD equipment at the same LD POP or another LD POP or to Local or LEC/CLEC. The types of circuits the associate will be handling will be both Network and Customer circuits. These circuits will range from OC192, 1G to 200G, OTN, ULH, DWDM and more. The provisioning status of all pending systems/circuits/equipment will be recorded in a tracking system
- GROOMS IMPLEMENTATION - The purpose of Grooms Implementation is to reduce equipment related outages, provide spare inventory, remove MDE and increase line cost savings for company while minimizing Customer impact. Individual associates have both Topology and Design familiarity and expertise with all stated systems is a requirement due to the use of highly technical engineering specs and drawings and cross-provisioned requirements for the candidate circuit pool allocation. The associate shall consider all circuits live circuits and all Power of One procedures must be followed to minimize customer interruption:
- All grooms must be scheduled to insure minimum customer impact
- Associate will identify the correct circuit ID and all related circuit IDs in the provisioning systems for accuracy and data integrity
- Service outages are a priority. Individual associate will use all available means to get the customer back in service as soon as possible
- Successful completion of the Grooms Activities will be measured by the number of completions achieved and reported on a monthly basis
As a Telecommunications Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of telecom experience
- Experience with vendor equipment preferred to include; but not limited to: Cisco, Ciena, Fujitsu, and Nortel transport equipment, as well as other equipment to support work on Sonet/SDH, OTN, ULH and WDM equipment.
- Experience with systems and platforms preferred to include; but not limited to: BGW, ICON, CCP, Venue, CoFEE, NTLS, One Control and other various platforms to conduct research, troubleshoot, load, configure and install/update/remove equipment.
As a Telecommunications Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensate on, including benefits.
Available benefits for Telecommunications Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Name: Bartech Resumes