As a Civil Engineer you will have lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards. Youll develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity. Technical/Functional Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the desired goal of the system and develops civil designs including underground utilities, roads and site grading.
- Landfill design experience is highly desired but not required.
- Performs calculations, writes reports and creates permitting documents.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to produce designs in accordance with functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer counterpart.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- 10 or more years of experience
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline
In addition to the requirements the following are preferred
- PE registration highly desirable
- Landfill design experience is highly desired but not required
- Person already residing a commutable distance from Oak Ridge, TN is highly preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>