Kleinfelder is an engineering, science, and construction consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation, sustainability, and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Environmental Project Manager I with a focus on project and task management, coordination, and execution of multi-disciplinary industrial and construction environmental compliance and water quality projects.
The candidate for this position will sit in our downtown Los Angeles office. The candidate should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment and exercise project authority and mentorship over project team members, while also able to work independently and be self-driven to accomplish goals and objectives.
This individual will be responsible for management of Environmental Compliance project tasks, including, but not limited to:
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Developing cost proposals, work plans, and execution strategies.
- Providing health and safety support.
- Providing technical support to field staff.
- Managing and performing field audit, sampling, and monitoring for construction projects and industrial facilities
- Subcontractor and third-party oversight and management.
- Project planning, scheduling, and resource management.
- Preparing of technical reports and providing quality assurance/quality control of project documents with a focus on compliance with client and regulatory agency processes, procedures, and policies and regulations.
- Summarizing, providing, and soliciting communication directly with clients.
- Managing multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- At least 6-8 years of increasing project management experience with multi-disciplinary environmental compliance projects and proven responsibility with scope / schedule / budget.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulatory agency laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- Knowledge of multimedia environmental compliance including hazardous materials and waste, water quality, construction / industrial / municipal stormwater, air quality, EMS.
- Knowledge of aboveground /underground storage tank compliance is a plus.
- Knowledge of noise and vibration requirements as they relate to construction activities is a plus.
- Professional License is not required, but preferred. Ability to obtain professional registration in California (e.g., PG or PE) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field. Advanced degree(s) preferred.
- Experience in providing leadership to diverse project teams on high-pressure, high-visibility projects.
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training completed. Current annual refresher training preferred.
- Loss Prevention System (LPS) or similar behavior-based LPS experience and expertise in hazard recognition, risk identification, and root cause analysis.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service emphasis and solution-oriented delivery.
- Leadership and strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of project risk management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines.
- Conscientious and detail-oriented with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Willingness to provide career and technical mentorship.
- Staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- This position is performed in an office and field environment.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening and respiratory function testing in order to operate in respirator controlled environments.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Up to 25% of time may be dedicated to field activities in varying environmental conditions including inclement weather.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for this position.
- May periodically require travel and stays outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Personal vehicle use for travel to / from project site is expected.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.