Lehigh Technical has an excellent opportunity for an entry-level Mechanical Engineer. We have partnered with a well established manufacturing company located in Nassau County who is looking for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join their team. The company is well known for manufacturing mission-critical, life-saving technology for the aerospace and defense industry.
In this role, you will be cross-trained in multiple departments, with a strong focus on research, planning, designing products and systems. As well as operations, application, planning, contracts, fabrication, and purchasing.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to begin their career in mechanical engineering and have room to grow within a stable organization. The company offers a tremendous amount of room to grow and learn. Plus excellent benefits, company outings/team building, 401k, and bonuses.
- Assist with research, analyzing data, proposals, specifications and help with decisions on design and application.
- Develop mechanical designs (3D models and 2D drawings).
- Help design products for the aerospace industry.
- Help meet customer requirements and help control manufacturing costs.
- Ad hoc projects and other duties may be assigned.
Lehigh Technical is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, procedures, government regulations, and academic research.
- Strong mathematical aptitude, and be able to apply complex mathematical concepts.