Job Title: Manager, Manufacturing Engineering – Eldorado, AR
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Business Group Overview
Hubbell Lighting, Inc. , is a core Business Group of Hubbell Incorporated and is committed to elevating the lighting experience.
Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light.
As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
Manager Manufacturing Engineer
Hubbell Lighting is searching for a strong Manager of Engineering for our Eldorado, AR manufacturing plant. The ideal candidate will have low volume high variability manufacturing experience along with basic Environmental and Facility Maintenance experience.
- Ensure that all department operations are conducted in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures and are in compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Apply Lean manufacturing principles to design, specify and validate manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality and capacity goals.
- Lead the planning and implementation of facility and line layouts.
- Drive manufacturing readiness for product launch and transfer to production.
- Lead strategic improvement projects to support continuous improvement of the company’s manufacturing processes.
- Create Bills of Materials and routers for products/conduct time studies as needed.
- Chair the safety committee/conduct R3’s
- Supervise maintenance crew
- Ensure Facility maintenance is kept up.
- Create, maintain, submit, and store records for all required environmental agencies.
- Execute to established budgets, process goals and project objectives for the organization. Schedule and manage team activities, anticipate and direct timely and effective responses to problems.
- Responsible for staffing and leading team to ensure assigned project goals and objectives are achieved
- Support new product development
- Assess individual team member capabilities, provide guidance accordingly and arrange for training of same as it relates to performance and professional development
- Manage and document employee performance and implement responsive measures
- General understanding of chemistry. Be able to learn anodizing process and consult on issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with strong understanding of Mechanical and Electrical fundamentals
- 10+ years of applicable engineering manufacturing experience (preferably made to order)
- 5+ years supervisory/leadership experience
- Strong fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes and production environments.
- Knowledge of low cost and high quality process design, lean manufacturing principles, and new product cost drivers.
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Automation experience preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent analytic skills and a strong sense of urgency
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.