Sr. Project Civil Engineer
- Oversee and develop construction documents and specifications for a full range of private site development and municipal civil engineering projects.
- Develop site designs, including site layout, grading and storm drainage, roadway, and utility infrastructure.
- Prepare site plan and subdivision review correspondence on behalf of Municipal Land Use Boards.
- Coordinate and perform site investigations to assess and document field conditions.
- Prepare State and County applications for site development approvals, soil erosion and flood hazard area.
- Interact with clients including management of project work and financial performance.
- Respond to and address regulatory comments to obtain agency approvals.
- Prepare engineer's opinion of probable costs for designed projects and specifications for public bids.
- Assist in the management and development of technical staff.
- Coordinate with the other engineering and architectural departments within the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- New Jersey PE license required or in process of obtaining PE
- 5+ years design experience with a specific focus on site development projects as well as environmental permitting experience.
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices of related technical areas including but not limited to storm-water management and detention basin designs
- Experience working with Municipalities
- Experience preparing capital improvement/construction documents in accordance with local public contracts law.
- Strong computer skills with experience in AutoCAD and Civil 3D, and Revit
- GIS experience a plus
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently or within project teams.
- Team-spirited, focused and able to make independent decisions
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178