HollyFrontier Navajo Refining Company located in Artesia, NM is seeking an Instrumentation & Electrical Design Engineer. The Instrumentation & Electrical Design Engineer conducts engineering duties for instrumentation and electrical systems, functions as a technical specialist, formulating and utilizing advanced engineering concepts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Designs instrumentation and control systems and associated wiring, panels, etc. for refineries
- Designs LV electrical systems, including both power, control and instrumentation wiring, as well as field as-built, measurement, and design as project requires
- Independently develops detailed wiring diagrams, instrument/lighting/grounding plan drawings, electrical schematics, cable tray/conduit sizing, cable selection, PLC panel sizing
- Provides electrical and instrumentation design support for projects
- Applies company and industry standards to generate instrument and electrical construction packages
- Works closely with field engineers, contractors, and team members to achieve project success
- Assists with material take-offs and construction estimating
- Provides discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues
- Solves technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s)
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors related equipment and performance
- Analyzes related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Researches and stays abreast of assigned discipline subjects, innovations and leading edge developments
- Ensures compliance with all safety standards and practices
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years of industrial experience in design for Oil & Gas industry required. Experience in design of instrumentation and electrical systems currently used in pipeline facilities including electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, plan drawings, conduit and cable tray layouts, pressure, temperature, flow, density, and other instrumentation, instrument loops, PLC and DCS, etc. Experience in selection of electrical equipment for industrial classified areas. Refinery experience required.
Professional Engineer registration.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Electrical Engineering or equivalent Engineering discipline is required.
Ability to read and fully understand P&ID’s, one-lines, instrument drawings and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done. Ability to manage projects is essential including experience with project development, scoping, change management, cost control and forecasting. Experience with I/O detailed wiring and termination. Familiarity with AutoCAD and MS Office suite. Expertise in I&C design and engineering practices for refining industry. Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design and PLC hardware. Ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Ability to communicate effectively with others, strong verbal communication skills, advanced level of reading and writing, ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations. Advanced ability to work effectively with multiple groups throughout the refinery. Strong spreadsheet and word processing applications knowledge; strong interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills; ability to provide training to multiple groups on a variety of applicable assigned discipline topics.
Working knowledge of and experience with engineering software.
May be responsible for the supervision of personnel as well as contractors.
Office and plant based with up to 10% travel required. Subject to varying weather conditions and required to work in all temperatures, including outdoors.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 200 ft., perceiving color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards are not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Job conditions may require making precise hand and finger movements, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, and working in confined spaces as permitted.
ENVIROMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFTEY RESPONSIBILITES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier. Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.