Environmental Technician – Fayetteville, NC 28306
System One has an immediate 3-6 month opportunity for Environmental Technicians local to Fayetteville. The Environmental Technician is required to come with an OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER Certification ( 8 hour refresher if required.)
- Immediate start date
- Overtime is required
- 7:00am to 7:00pm
The Environmental Technicians will have:
- Relevant trade experience in environmental investigations.
- 40-hr HAZWOPER Cert. (and annual refresher if applicable) REQUIRED
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to and from field locations
- Experience working with "emerging compounds" a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Should be able-bodied as the work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; lifting; recurring bending or similar activities.
- Work in adverse weather conditions (i.e. hot, cold, rain and snow).
- Maturity in interaction and ability to operate self-sufficiently in the field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Groundwater sampling utilizing a wide variety of equipment.
- Supervision of drillers and other subcontractors.
- Operation of various types of equipment (e.g. GPS, data loggers, survey level, combustible gas meters, etc.).
- Completion of field documentation such as activity hazard analysis (AHA) forms, project field reports, field notes, monitoring and chain-of-custody forms.
- Work with project coordinators/managers, using interpersonal and organizational skills to ensure projects are completed on time and budget.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Name: Sylvia Aguirre