Publication date: 05.12.2018 REFERENCE: 5098106802
Company: Rochester Gas & Electric (RG&E) Department: Gas Engineering Job Title: Engineer - Gas Engineering LOCATION: Rochester, NY, US
Business and Department RGE-NY-Scottsville Road Rochester,NY
Description JOB SUMMARY:
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Under varying levels of supervision, maintains various engineering documentation, proceses and records. Supports gas transmission and distribution integrity management programs and inspection activities in accordance with regulatory requirements. Provides recommendations for asset remediation or replacement and system improvements based on analysis and integrity records. Supports gas material processes including but not limited to new material identification, material specification development and defective material evaluation. Provides general technical and engineering guidance to Gas Operations and Gas Engineering. Applies company, industry, local, state, national codes, tariffs, and standards, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Interacts with technical support contractors/consultants, customers, developers, municipalities, agencies or others.
Employee is assigned to a primary Corporate location with travel to other operating divisions or IUSA locations as needed. Occasional work outside of the service territory for industry or government meetings or training may occur.
1. Supports a variety of gas engineering functions such as but not limited to the distribution and transmission system integrity management program, capital project reviews, maintenance engineering, performance data reporting, materials, O&M procedures and Gas Construction Standards review and development. (30%, P)
2. Provides technical and engineering support to Gas Operations and Gas Engineering. Recommends remedial actions to mitigate operational risk to meet mandated requirements. Support inspection processes and maintains inspection databases. Interacts with technical support contractors/consultants and utilizes applicable SAP processes. (10%, S)
3. Under supervision of Lead Engineers, compiles reviews and updates data to maintain integrity management models, including the relative risk analysis and the IM data management program. Interfaces with the GIS/Mapping Department to support the IM data management program. (10%, S)
4. Under supervision, compiles system data and main record information to prioritize system main replacements. Interacts with contractors/consultants and utilizes applicable SAP processes. (10%, P)
5. Interfaces with and supports Gas System Planning, Gas Engineering and Gas Field Operations. Provides engineering support for the design, operation, maintenance and inspection of distribution and transmission systems. (5%, S)
6. Interprets and applies appropriate codes, regulations, polices, and procedures. Interfaces with internal and external customers, municipalities, agencies and others. (25%, P)
7. Develop, implement and report performance of maintenance plans and other performance reporting (5%, S)
8. Under supervision, assist on complex projects or initiatives. May assist Lead Engineers with projects that deal with unfamiliar concepts (5%, S)
Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience Required: •Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical, Civil or related technical area of study with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience required. •Knowledge in piping design and construction principles. •Knowledge of corrosion control techniques, gas system construction practices, underground pipe locating, map reading, and blue print reading. •Knowledge of state and federal pipeline safety regulations.
Certifications: •Valid drivers license. •EIT or PE license desirable.
Skills/Abilities: •Strong analytical and problem solving skills •Strong organizational skills. •Able to multi-task.
This opportunity will offer
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply to positions, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or by emailing us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].