Process/Project Engineer (190000ZF )
Closing Date: Ongoing
Location: United States-Alabama-Axis
Number of employees needed: 1
Nouryon is currently seeking a Process/Project Engineer at its Axis, Alabama Chemical manufacturing facility. The site is a major producer of basic chemicals that are used in a broad range of applications. The site has been in continuous operation since 1953. The project engineer plays a vital part in the continued growth and improvement of the plant. The role allows for managing the full scope of small to medium sized projects from inception through start-up.Requirements
Develop and implement capital procedures and processes that provide for accurate capital budgeting and execution that meets plant needs. Projects ranging from $5K to $1M, with total annual spending in the $2.5M range
• Implement capital and expense projects including scope development, safety reviews, equipment specifications, quotation of equipment, bid package development-quoting for installations, field supervision of construction, cost control, commissioning, and project closure.
• Work with the Site Leadership Team to develop capital budgets and manage project spending to achieve targeted budget amounts while meeting plant needs.
• Supervise and direct outside engineering resources.
• Support maintenance reliability improvements and cost reduction efforts as requested.
• Provide technical expertise and support for on-going operations, maintenance, and process improvements.
• Ensure continuous improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other tools.
• Work with production unit, providing technical expertise and assistance.
BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
2-5 years of plant engineering experience in a manufacturing or technical environment.
Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office and CAD
Effective communications skills and ability to work with all layers of the organization.
Project Management experience, including contractor management.