Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Manages and leads large-scale projects and initiatives across all phases of implementation including solution design, financial analysis, business case development, project planning, milestone definition, stakeholder communication, and implementation.
- Provides project management support and leadership to other field industrial engineers on capital projects.
- Provides strategic direction and evaluation on logistics and distribution issues to CFC network.
- Works cross-functionally to identify and implement logistics process improvements throughout the CFC network to ensure most effective and efficient logistics processes.
- Identifies and implements new logistics tools, technology/equipment, strategies, and process within CFC network that ensures optimal order filling, receiving, and shipping practices.
- Conducts cross-functional meetings at all levels within the company, including senior management, in support of engineering initiatives.
- Develops and documents “Standard Cost Data” for use in cost analysis to evaluate financial feasibility of potential projects.
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify and implement most effective and efficient logistics process improvements while mitigating risk to associates and operations.
- Presents engineering initiatives to senior management to gain functional and budgetary approvals.
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of material handling equipment.
- Develops and manages capital budget each fiscal year for assigned CFCs.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan, prioritize, and accomplish goals.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as require
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in a distribution environment is required.
- Experience in multi-million dollar material handling projects with successful full cycle project management required.
- Experience in preventative maintenance programs for material handling systems and equipment is required.
- Extensive experience in developing and justifying capital budgets for logistics networks required.
- Knowledge of conveyor control systems required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Project, Visio, AutoCAD, and Access is required.
- Excellent data manipulation skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are also required.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management of multi-million dollar capital projects required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 50% of the time are required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.