At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
We are seeking an Industrial Designer (mechanical/structural), with approximately 5-15 years of experience, to provide support to our Mining, Minerals, and Metals team on various industrial projects. An experienced designer in the heavy industrial industry; preferably, mining and/or oil and gas. Responsibilities include computer aided design work, field inspections and verifications, as well as preparation of man-hour estimates. Candidate must be highly motivated and work well in a team environment. Candidate should also have the ability to manage a heavy workload, travel locally for short periods of time, and be on-call as needed. Excellent multitasking, team work, and organizational skills are required. The designer will help to meet the ever increasing global demand for metals and minerals products. Our designer positions provide you the opportunity to work with and develop leading edge technologies within Worley in North America. Each day, candidate will have the opportunity to utilize technical skills as well as collaborate with our regional engineering staff to support process projects in mining, minerals, and metals engineering markets. Position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Develop design drawings for front-end studies and detailed construction.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Participate in meetings with project team to establish project objectives and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems.
Work with team of engineers and designers to produce quality engineering deliverables consistent with the project proposal, standards, and safety requirements.
Responsible for the detailed design support of small to large heavy industrial projects. Researches, develops, and supports the designs of a variety of mechanical equipment, facilities, structural components, and systems for industrial purposes.
Ensure that the technical content of all engineering and design deliverables meet quality expectations.
Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
Manages simultaneous projects, with competing priorities, in various execution phases on a wide variety of industrial processes.
Facilitates project meetings to develop and review project scopes, design criteria and discipline drawings.
Accountable for meeting project schedule and budget requirements; evaluates and approves changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project.
Maintains budgets and schedules forecast with assistance from project manager.
Applies principles of safety standards in design, engineering, and construction support.
- Technical degree required with approximately 5-15 years experience.
- Experience working in heavy industrial environments required. This position does require field verifications in heavy industrial facilities. Ideal candidate will have the ability to start designs from scratch with support from the engineering lead.
- Experience with designing complex, industrial projects in AutoCAD 2D and 3D required.
- Experience with other 3D modelling (Civil 3D, InRoads, SolidWorks, etc.) software is a plus.
- Plant layout, mechanical design, and structural drafting/design experience preferred.
- Experience developing PFDs, P&IDs, and project specification sheets.
- Generate equipment specifications, technical bid tabs and review/approve vendor submittals.
- Coordinate design criteria and details with other departments.
- Perform other tasks as requested by project manager and engineering lead.
- Familiar with the design process and project delivery for sustaining capital projects.
- Ability to read/interpret specifications and construction drawings.
- Experience in brown field and green field type work.
- Experience with industrial codes and generally accepted governing process codes and standards.
- Experience with MSHA/OSHA safety regulations preferred.
- Experience supporting commercial proposal writing preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications are required.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.