Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs advanced engineering techniques and procedures in support of solid waste landfills, waste hauling companies, transfer stations and recycling facilities.
II. Job Summary Essential Duties and Responsibilities
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Design, permitting, construction specification preparation, construction administration and management, and construction documentation of solid waste and other environmental related engineering services.
- Providing environmental services including SPCC plans, environmental impact assessments, non-metallic mining reclamation plans, construction site storm water permits and storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP), and various engineering plans.
- Contract development and administration, business development, client maintenance, project budget review and monitoring.
- Developing solid waste facility designs, landfill siting and permitting, landfill gas-to-energy facility design and operation, construction and landfill operations, air permitting and permit applications.
- Active participation in multiple functions of business including but not limited to project planning and budgeting, accounting, contract negotiation, legal and regulatory interaction, general operations, and maintenance. The role also requires coordination of internal and external resources to successfully obtain objectives within dead-lines.
- Providing oversight and internal reporting of environmental compliance monitoring activities associated with the regulatory permits and pertinent federal, state, and local regulations, including air, groundwater, landfill gas, surface water, and leachate management.
- Technical engineering review with focus on improvements to safety, design, constructability, quality, regulatory compliance, and monetary savings.
- Excellent communication skills are essential and required, both written and verbal. Applicant should be self-motivated, a strong written and oral communicator and team-oriented
This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Engineering or similar area of study.
- Experience: Six (6) or more years of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”