Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Based on broad objectives from management, identifies, defines, and solves complex technical problems which require a high level of ingenuity and innovativeness
• Responsible for mechanical design and integration/modification of hardware components on ground-based (tactical vehicles, mobile radar) systems. Ability to oversee the design/development and testing of structural assemblies including static/dynamic analyses using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques
• Ability to create source data for engineering drawings, specifications, and technical manuals, and conduct structural analyses. Engineering analyses and data products will require practical knowledge in industry standard tools including, but not limited to: Siemens Solid Edge, AutoCAD, Autodesk Simulation CFD, and ANSYS Workbench FEA
• Provides functional and technical guidance to engineers, CAD staff, or other organizations
• Additional duties include presentation of mechanical and electro-mechanical design concepts/solutions at major design reviews and technical meetings with Government customers
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
Must have progressive experience in the mechanical design/development, integration, and testing of complex mechanical and electromechanical systems on military systems
• Must have the ability to perform analytical structural analysis (finite element modeling) and thermal analysis
• Must be able to analyze results of loading, stresses, temperature, shock and vibration tests of various mechanical components and systems, and incorporate into the design
• Must provide highly technical expertise and guidance in solving complex engineering problems
• Must perform in all phases of hardware design, development, integration/implementation, and analysis
• Must plan and conduct engineering feasibility studies for the design improvement modifications and implementation of advanced technologies
• Must interface with customer personnel through meetings, technical discussions, and briefings
• Must interface with CAD drafters/designers, engineering technical, and external vendor machine shop personnel to ensure modified or manufactured items are properly documented and built to standards and meet quality expectations
• Must support generation and review of Technical Data Packages (TDPs) and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) including Computer Aided Design (CAD) data, CAD models, model based definition data sets, Gerber data, and Master Bill of Materials (BOM)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in 3D printing and 3D slicer software such as Cura
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled