Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Capitalizing on knowledge and innovation, comprehensive resources, and technology, Volt provides top talent to the many thousands of clients across the globe. Over 60 years of unwavering focus on the issues of workforce management have gained us a reputation of being one of the most knowledgeable and accomplished strategic workforce partners in business for clients and candidates alike.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to work onsite at our client's facility in Mossville, IL. This is a contingent position expected to last 1 year.
- The main function of an embedded software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the embedded software and systems that make computers work.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment for product lines.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to embedded systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
- 2-4 years experience required.
***This position is located in Mossville, IL. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense.***
Submit your resume today!
Contact Erica at 515-346-3152 for immediate consideration.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer