Volt is looking for a Tool Designer to work on-site with our customer John Deere in Ankeny, IA in a contingent position forecasted for 3 years. This position will be responsible for the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, carts, racks, material handling equipment and lifting devices. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Utilize Creo and other engineering standards to provide these designs.
- Plans, coordinates, develops and procures new concepts and designs for tooling to facilitate the implementation of new and revised products into the core manufacturing processes.
- Applies necessary Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and uses technical judgment and past experience to evaluate various designs while maintaining and supporting current operations.
- The work typically involves less-complex fixtures, gauges, and tooling, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic engineering.
- This role participates in design reviews and modifies design based on feedback, supports and coordinates with the craftsmen building the tools and gauges, and maintains the tooling database library.
- Receives input from senior designers or engineers.
- Ideally looking for 4+ years’ experience in the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, material handling equipment and lifting devices.
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing Creo modeling or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of welding processes, manufacturing processes, factory operations, and the ability to read and understand weld drawings and assembly drawings.
- Excellent communicator, who thrives on problem solving and working in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- A strong candidate will also have hands on experience working in a tool shop as machinist or toolmaker.
- Any 1st hand experience with agricultural equipment or related agricultural experience would be beneficial.
Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For immediate consideration please email resume look forward to hearing from you soon.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to http://jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify.