Applications/Sales Engineer - Entry Level - Cupertino, CA
Start Date: June 2019
Entry Level or Recent Graduate (0 to 5 years experience) – Applications/Sales Engineer (bilingual in Chinese or Japanese a major plus)
Base salary range (50K – 70K) + bonus. Full relocation assistance offered if needed
Our client manufactures and sells factory automation and R&D equipment to increase efficiency, support product development, and improve quality control for their customers. With 70% of their products being world/industry first and strong direct-sales approach, their operating profit margin is 53% leading to the 6th highest position in terms of market cap. Through their direct sales approach, they identify their customers’ challenges firsthand and provide the most innovative technologies to further support their development.
The Applications Engineer role exists to provide internal and field based support for our client’s strategic machine vision and measurement related activities. This role will give the candidate first hand exposure to cutting edge emerging technologies, automation and industries which will define the future of American manufacturing. The ideal candidate should possess a positive attitude, a sharp brain, an appreciation of business development and a sense of urgency as much of their work will be pre-sales orientated. To help guide their customers through the sales process (from application development, online testing and through post-sales follow up), excellent analytical, technical, and communication skills are required as a pre-requisite
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide product and application development support for customers and salespeople.
- Assist customers with the configuration and implementation of their vision and laser measuring products through parameter driven, simple script based and/or high end programming languages.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and support customer issues via phone and/or email.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, requests, and complaints as well as actions taken.
- Provide on-site programming, application advice and training for customers.
- Conduct product application testing for customers / salespeople and create proposal reports from the results.
- Develop S.O.P. (standard operating procedures) for replication and dialing in of developed, proven solution(s).
- Understand and observe company / department policies and procedures.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified fashion.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain pleasant interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to organize and prioritize diverse set of projects, tasks, and activities for timely completion.
- Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Physics based background.
- Experience in automation technologies including Machine Vision, PLC’s and Industrial Robotics.
- Experience in C/C++/C# or VB.NET programming languages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Integrity – job requires appropriate handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel overseas (Asia, Europe & Japan)
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and 2+ years of experience in an application development/engineering orientated role.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us. Additional Details:
United States of America
Sales & Marketing / Marketing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Contact: [email protected]