To perform preventative maintenance, maintenance, and trouble shooting on assigned equipment and facilities with the responsibility for the production and quality of the equipment and facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes mechanical and operations problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Analyzes facility maintenance requirements and plans for and takes corrective actions.
- Tests equipment after repairs or extended downtime.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Notifies maintenance supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Put away supplies when received from vendor.
- Assist in keeping the plant clean when time allows.
- Dispose of hazardous waste into labeled drums for hazardous waste disposal.
- Ensure that Food Safety Policies and practices are followed and understood.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must be available to work a 12-hour shift, consisting of some weekends (36-48 hours per week)
- Ability to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Background in electrical and mechanical systems. Background in pneumatic, hydraulic, HVAC a plus.
- Dexterity and preciseness with the ability to use hand tools and trade type tools.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work alone and with others.
- Job involves exposure to noise, heat, chemicals, and fumes.