Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World!
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
As UL grows with the industries that we serve; we strive to constantly bring the best talent into the UL organization. Currently our Security and Signaling division is seeking a Project Engineer who is experienced in Internet of Things (IoT) engineering related to Security and Signaling products.
The Project Engineer recommends and drives upgrades to UL’s technical requirements, programs and processes to maintain UL as the highest quality provider for Security and Signaling services. The Project Engineer will remain up to date on all industry related topics. Technical knowledge will immediately convey UL’s Thought Leadership to customers and related stakeholders.
- Independently determines project scope, develops a preliminary plan of investigation, and determines project specifications such as cost, time, and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data, and product construction. Projects may include frequent travel to conduct or witness tests at client sites.
- Supports the Connected Technologies team in improving UL’s programs and services.
- Supports the Security and Signaling team in enhancing lab services.
- Provides technical sales support.
- Manages customer electrical projects.
- Develops relationships within the Security and Signaling industry to understand ongoing needs and helps to translate those needs into developing new standards and new services.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Some University education in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or engineering technology discipline plus directly related work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to furniture, laboratory testing, and/or product certification.
- Working knowledge of conformity standards in use in Furniture.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project-handling concepts in use in furniture products, including application to complex, new, or unusual products.
- Working knowledge of industry issues, needs, and problems.
*Internal title for this position is Staff Engineering Associate