How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As an active team member working within Sodexo Clinical Technology Management (CTM), you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their medical equipment technology needs. Together, we provide leadership a competent and experienced Biomedical Equipment Technician looking for your next step. At Sodexo, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve.
We are currently seeking a BMET II that would thrive in a dynamic Operating Room environment at PIH Hospital located in Whittier, CA.
- Basic understanding of preventative maintenance and technical corrective maintenance clinical devices such as: Anesthesia machines, surgical lights, OR tables, and patient monitors.
- Must be willing to work in close proximity to patients and staff in all clinical settings
- Strong surgery experience preferred
- Able to read schematics and mechanical diagrams
- On-call rotational schedule required
- Must have the ability to interface with all member of the Clinical Engineering team effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Candidate must be flexible driving to other site locations to provide support
Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a comprehensive range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments.
-Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems
-Ensures regulatory compliance
-Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
-Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions
-Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints
-Preparing required documentation and reports
-Demonstrates a safety mindset
-Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service
-Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others
Basic Education Requirement - Associates Degree in electronic, biomedical engineering or a discipline geared toward managing maintaining and repairing clinical equipment within a healthcare environment
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical repair in a health care technology setting
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.