Our client is currently seeking a Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering. This is a 6+ month contract opportunity. Please submit all qualified resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety, product quality and compliance with the Company, Quality Manual and its governing regulations.
- Independently lead complex activities to design, document, and improve manufacturing processes and operations that control the safety and efficacy of components or finished devices.
- Independently lead qualification, verification, and validation activities for the production of components or medical devices.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues relating to the safety, efficacy, quality, cost, or delivery of components and finished devices.
- Drive complex engineering work and product support, typically including the following activities: technology development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, process study, process improvements, and report preparation.
- Drive the design & development of manufacturing equipment in compliance with manufacturing safety (e.g., OSHA & EPA) principles.
- Source component and service suppliers; assess supplier capability and effectiveness.
- Train, mentor, and provide work direction to operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Design and coordinate complex engineering tests and experiments. Analyze data, draw conclusions, and summarize test results. Communicate results to the technical community.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Influence decisions around alternative engineering processes, products and equipment.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, customers, and external regulatory officials.
- Ability to conduct complex statistical, geometric and mathematical calculations.
- Ability to adopt & defend technical positions in an open and participative environment.
- Demonstrated ability in forward looking perspective in relation to capacity & cost-control issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively write and review technical documents & investigative reports.
- Demonstrated project/task management skills.
- Ability to conduct responsibilities substantially free from routine supervision.
- Ability to read, understand, create engineering drawings on common engineering software.
- Ability to work efficiently on common personal computer hardware and software.
- Education & Experience - Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or applicable technical discipline
- Minimum of three years engineering experience in a process design or manufacturing support role
- Medical device manufacturing experience is strongly preferred