Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an opportunity for a Project Engineer/Project Manager to work with our Food and Agricultural team. This position will be based from our Green Bay, Wisconsin office. This is a great opportunity that offers variety in your work and the chance to be part of a growing team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work with teams to identify, design and implement creative solutions for GHD clients
- Assist with design projects on Farms including waste storage ponds, feed pads, runoff controls, manure separation systems and anaerobic digesters
- Develop project scope and timeline with clients to ensure timely and efficient completion of tasks
- Perform site visits to verify design criteria, collect data and document construction completion details in accordance with engineering plans
- Coordinate design teams and communicate regulatory requirements
- Assist with business development, project coordination/management and building outstanding client relationships
- Regular communication with project team members, regulatory agencies and clients
- Preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, cost estimates, technical reports, work plans, permit applications and project specifications
- Provide mentorship to junior level staff
- Perform field work at project sites as required
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in engineering or related field
- Understanding of USDA-NRCS Conservation Practice Standards
- Experience with project management and budgeting
- Ability to coordinate activities with vendors, clients and contractors
- Strong analytical skills with sound technical judgment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Must be a motivated self-starter, flexible, collaborative teammate, willing to work on a wide variety of tasks independently
- Valid driver’s license required
- Experience working with Wisconsin DNR a plus
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD’s US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.